Saturday, December 12, 2015

DIY Shelf from Pallet Wood-

From Simple to Extraordinary:


A while back I found this pallet and I wanted
to make something amazing with this piece.
And let me say that it wasn't easy but with my husband's help
we achieved a very beautiful piece.



I moved to this home a while back and my old apartment
was small, so I really don't have any wall art or canvases.
I was sad to see my dining room walls so bare.
So I plucked up the courage and decided to make something.


Materials:
  1. A pallet
  2. Sand Paper (I Got Mine at Home Depot)
  3. A Can of Spray Paint ( Home Depot, Make Sure it says for Wood)
  4. A Saw
  5. Nails and Hammer
  6. Hooks for Picture Frames (You'll use this to hang this shelf on the wall)
  7. Measuring Tape (To measure the size you prefer your shelf to be)
  8. Any type of decoration you please to put on there!!!
The simplest things would make this piece look amazing.
I went to Target and got the gold candle holder and I love it.
And for $3.00 It's an awesome piece.


I wanted a more vintage look, and the end product doesn't disappoint.
I used another ply of wood to make sure that it kept the others straight.


Make sure that after you set all the wood the way you desire that you
sand your pallet down. You could get a splinter if not done correctly and 
those are very painful.


I love this shelf, the wood looked so beautiful without paint.
and after we sanded it down it was so smooth.
I made sure I sanded the edges as well so when you are ready to 
put it on the wall is not rough in your hands.


I'm not very good with a Hammer lol!!
So I let my husband do his thing. 
He was having so much fun with this project.
It was our first project together and I enjoyed it very much...


Make sure that the nails are going through the wood as 
straight as possible because any wrong moves and the wood could 
crack on you.



This project was time consuming but every minute was well 
worth it. We spray painted this shelf in the basement. Out of experience,
I DO NOT recommend for you to do that and more if you have kids in your home.
Unless you have a window down their that you could open to let
the fumes vent outside or just spray it outside or liquid paint.  

You will love the results!


Hope you guys enjoy this new post.
And that everyone is having a blessed day.

Don't forget to LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE...

Ciao, Craftiniers

No comments:

Post a Comment