Saturday, January 30, 2016

Do We Scream More Than We Anticipate???

Ugly Little Truth:

So do we??
I know that I do and it shatters me to admit it.

I grew up in a very out-of-this-world environment, my parents
are Hispanic (Puerto Rican).
My dad was more quiet and kept to himself,
But my mother was always screaming and loud.
And if I ever did anything wrong you better believe she had
a belt in hand or a slipper (Chancleta!! lol).

Well I catch myself screaming at my house,
And it's embarrassing because it was never me.
I'm more of a calm person and at the end of the day
 I didn't like it,
And I want it to take it out of my life.




So I did what everybody does nowadays, Googled it.
I found a blog entry on how to take the screaming and getting
agitated out of your life slowly.
(I don't remember the link, but I'll try to find it to share with
everyone)
And I have to say it worked even though I changed some 
of the things on the list to fit my life style.

Basically what I did was to take a note every time 
that I screamed or got agitated wrote it down and go over the 
reason why I felt that way.

And after a couple of days instead of screaming or
getting mad I found myself making a note to myself
letting myself know it's not worth to scream.

I enjoy what I do and the type of person than I am,
I know it in my heart that I'm a good Wife and Mom.
I don't let tragedy or tribulation beat me down because I need to be
strong for my family.

So I learned that screaming is not the answer to get anyone's
attention, If you need to scream to be heard than don't waste your time.
Your time to speak will come and that's when you come 
and say what is bothering you and communicate much better than
tearing at each other throats.

I hope this helps...



DON'T FORGET TO LIKE, SHARE, & COMMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment