Saturday, July 4, 2015

Create A Picture Collage!!!

     Let's Create A Picture Collage!!!
It's Fun & Very Creative

I wanted to have a picture collage in my daughter's room
so she could build her memories as she grows.
And of course her room has a theme
"Sofia The First" and the stores didn't really have
a lot of decorative things of that certain character.

But every time I went to Walmart, Target and Other places
the one's they had were of poor quality and very expensive 
for a little 8 by 10 inch frame. ( & I wanted something big for her room),
So I started brainstorming.

Then after a while of getting ideas, I decided to create my own collage!!!
Let's have fun and enjoy



First here are the things you need to create this amazing project
which are as follows:

  • A Cork Board (I got this one in Target. Any size would do, I got mine big because it gives me more space to play with)
  • Fabric ( any texture, except sheer. just make sure you get the right amount/length)
  • Scissors
  • Buttons ( can be assorted, any size & is optional)
  • Thread & Needle (only needed if you get buttons)
  • Ribbon (any size and texture except sheer)
  • Thumb Tacks (any style, or colors)
  • Staple Gun & Staples (you'll find these beauties in Home Depot & even Walmart)
  • A Table to work comfortably ( I prefer the floor, endless space lol)

So Let's Begin With The Fun Part!!!
Okay!!!

For Step 1, 2 & 3- Make sure that the fabric is enough to cover the whole frame
& that it is even. Now when you get that done you grab your staple gun and 
start at the top on the very edge. Make sure that you have a good grip 
and as you go around the frame that it is nice and tight, because you do not
want it to be loose and flimsy!!! :)


Step 4-  I wanted to show you how nice and tight it looks. (Picture Above)
For Step 5 to 7- You're going to start on the ribbon, you could 
set it up however you wish. I like the "X" best, because I could put the 
pictures in between and not need a lot of thumb tacks.
Make sure you pull tight before stapling it!!!
(Step 7 is on the picture below)


Step 8- Is the ribbon completed.
Step 9- is the buttons part but is optional. But if you decided to put
some nice buttons then Great!!! You could use any color of thread, I used pink!!
because I didn't have any purple or blue...Lol!!


Step 10- is the buttons sewed to the ribbon. I scattered them around,
they don't have to be in a straight line... decorate how you like!!
Step 11- Is picture time!!!! pick pictures for your collage or
you could put movie tickets, anything you want!!! 

And you're Finished!!! Now put it on your wall & admire your Hard Work!!! 
Enjoy.

Remember to post your comments or any questions, I'll be more than 
happy to help...
& Share your pics on the comments so I could see your master pieces.

Ciao, craftiniers!!! 

I created a page on google+
https://www.google.com/+OlgascraftdenBlogspot1001

Also you can follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/olgascraftden?ref=hl



No comments:

Post a Comment