Saturday, November 7, 2015

DIY Holiday Wreath-

Holiday Season Wreaths:


I'm SUPER excited to share this project with 
everyone because I been wanting to make this 
for a while now.

I'm big on the whole holiday decorations, especially now.
I love Christmas!!!
But right now is Thanksgiving Holiday, so Christmas has to 
wait a little longer lol!!!!

I know that most people buy their wreath already premanufactured.
But wouldn't it be so COOL to 
personalize your own!!!

The whole idea of a wreath to me is 
the colors and the arrangements, not every store 
has good quality or maybe the color isn't right.

So I decided to look into how to make my own.
I looked at a bunch of different videos and different techniques.
And I came up with one that is my own technique.



Materials:

  • 18" Inch Wreath Wire
  • 3 Rolls of 5 Yards of Burlap Ribbon
  • 1 Roll of regular 1" Inch Ribbon ( Any color you prefer)
  • Floral Wire
  • 1 Stem of Flowers 
  • Scissors
  • A Wooden letter ( It could be for your First or Last name initial)
  • Acrylic Paint ( Any color you desire)
  • Paint brushes
  • A leaves Garland ( This is optional, I wanted to give mine more style)
  • Stapler & Staples ( Is so you could put the rope on the back of the letter)
  • Jute Cord ( I got mines at Walmart, Is to tie your letter to the wreath)


The picture above is the beginning, is a bit 
complicated at the start but then it gets easier.
I learned to tuck between the 3 lines then twist.


Make sure that while you are putting the burlap on the 
wire that you are fluffing as you go.
It's starting to look great, Right???


I added Orange ribbon for that
Thanksgiving/Harvest feeling.
Plus it gives the wreath variety...


After that I added Flowers and Leaves.
Now it's coming along pretty good.
The flowers also give it a festive/thanksgiving!!!



Now all you have to do is set up the letter.
(Letter Is optional), I put the Letter "G"
Because that's my family's Last Name Initial.

I love everything about it. It gives my home that
welcoming feeling.
I'm so glad that I pushed myself to do something 
that I thought was challenging and impossible.

If you set your mind to do the things that you love, NOTHING is impossible and you'll be 
surprised with the results.

Let's push ourselves to be the best we can BE!!!


I hope everyone enjoyed my post!!!
And I hope we could inspire others and stay always positive.

If anyone is interested in any of my crafts, feel free to contact me through
my Facebook page or Pinterest.
( On the left corner of my page)

Don't forget to Like, Comment and Share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment